What is a DxDiag?
The DxDiag is a diagnostics tool which comes included in all Windows operating systems supported by H&. DxDiag scans your computer and creates a report on your hardware and drivers. Sending us the DxDiag report will make it a lot easier for our support department to identify what could be the cause of the technical issues that you may be facing.
How to generate a DxDiag file
- Step 1: Click the Windows button in lower-left corner of your desktop, or press the [Windows] key on your keyboard.
- Step 2: Type in “dxdiag” in search/run and wait for results to appear.
- Step 3: Launch the DxDiag.exe application.
- Step 4: The DxDiag will start running automatically. Wait for it to finish.
- Step 5: Press “Save All Information”
- Step 6: Choose your directory where to save the file, in this example on the desktop.
- Step 7: Name your file and save as type “Text File(*.txt)”
- Step 8: Press “Save”.
- Step 9: Press the “Browse” button while filling out your support ticket.
- Step 10: Locate the directory where you saved your DxDiag.txt file and select the file.
- Step 11: Press “Open”.