If you can hear sound effects and music in the main menu, but cannot hear any sound when launching the action game, please try the following steps:
- Inside the action game, press the [ESC] key to access the Settings menu, and make sure the in-game audio is not set too low.
- While the action game is running, use [ALT] + [TAB] to switch to Windows and right-click the speaker icon in the Taskbar to access the Volume Mixer. Check if the sound for the action game is lowered or muted. The action game is a separate process from the main Heroes & Generals window, so their sound volume levels are set independently. This means there should be two H&G icons in the Sound Mixer.
- Launch the Sound control panel, choose the “Playback” tab, and make sure that your sound output device is set to “Stereo”.
Known conflicts with bundled/preinstalled audio software
Some manufacturers include audio enhancement software either as part of their firmware/driver updates, or preinstalled on newly-bought computers. Two of these types of programs are known to be incompatible with Heroes & Generals and can cause either crashes or a complete lack of sound in the action game:
- AsusTek Sonic Studio 2 OSD (SS2OSD.dll)
- Nahimic OSD (Nahimic2OSD.dll)
If you have either one of these programs installed on your machine, we recommend that you try disabling them before launching Heroes & Generals.